#293

NOW SOLD

Wenge Laminated with Aluminium and Pink Acrylic, 

Ballpoint Twist Pen



WENGE - Millettia laurentii

Usually pronounced WHEN-gii or WHEN-ghay, the wood has excellent strength and hardness properties, and is also dark enough to be used as a substitute for ebony. Heartwood is a very dark brown with black streaks. Upon application of a wood finish (particularly an oil-finish) the wood can become nearly black. 

This pen was turned on the 3rd of June 2015 in Stone Staffs, the weather was mainly flippin' gorgeous and I spent the whole day outside catching up on my pen turning. Again not wanting to waste any time I left the pen assembling to the following day. Not that it was bad weather, on the contrary it was fantastic again but we were on our way towards the five towns of Stoke on Trent and whilst Deb was in charge of steering the boat I was inside finishing the pen off and setting up the photo studio.




2 comments:

  1. what a brilliant concept this is - one of my dear friends bought me#293 for Christmas - so lovely to understand the wood etc., many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, glad you like it :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, you can always contact me via email at thepenmakersboat@gmail.com or find The Pen Makers Boat on Facebook. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.