#243

NOW SOLD

White and Black Acrylic and Gun Metal Ballpoint Pen



Whenever I start to make a pen from an acrylic blank I always remember the negative points. Acrylic turning is messy, I really try to clear every last scrap of it up; it can also be smelly; the sharp little chips get everywhere and it can blunt the turning chisels really quickly. By the time the pen shape is turned and I start the messier job of wet sanding through about fifteen different grades I'm usually trying to convince myself that maybe its better to just concentrate on turning wooden pens.

Then the final grades of sanding and polishing start to reveal something special and I really like acrylic again... until the next time.

This pen was turned on April 3rd 2015 just about one hundred yards from the excellent Fountain Inn at Tipton. It was made on the canal side just a couple of days before the thoroughly enjoyable Tipton Boat Gathering.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, you can always contact me via email at thepenmakersboat@gmail.com or find The Pen Makers Boat on Facebook. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.